Are you a fan of the John Wick film series? Do you love to explore the hidden meanings and connections behind the action-packed movies? If so, you will enjoy this article, where we will discuss some of the most wild and fantastic theories about John Wick that fans have come up with over the years. From John Wick being Neo from The Matrix to John Wick being a video game character, we will dive into the details and evidence of these theories and see how they fit into the John Wick universe. Read on to find out more!
The John Wick film series is a popular action thriller franchise that has spawned four movies and a prequel series so far. The films follow the exploits of John Wick, a retired hitman who is forced back into the underworld after his dog is killed and his car is stolen by a Russian gangster. Along the way, he encounters various enemies and allies, as well as a mysterious organization called the High Table that rules over the world of assassins.
The John Wick films are known for their stunning cinematography, choreographed fight scenes, and immersive world-building. They have also inspired many fans to come up with their own theories and interpretations of the story, characters, and themes. Some of these theories are plausible and logical, while others are wild and fantastic. In this article, we will explore some of the most interesting and creative theories about John Wick that have been circulating on the internet. We will examine the evidence and arguments for and against each theory, and see how they add to or contradict the official canon of the John Wick universe.
John Wick is Neo from The Matrix
One of the most popular and persistent theories about John Wick is that he is actually Neo from The Matrix, the iconic sci-fi trilogy that starred Keanu Reeves as the chosen one who fought against the machines that enslaved humanity in a simulated reality. This theory suggests that the John Wick films are a continuation of the Matrix trilogy, where Neo survived the final battle and was reincarnated as John Wick. The theory points to the similarities between the two characters, such as their appearance, fighting skills, and connection to Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), who plays the Bowery King in the John Wick films. The theory also claims that the Continental hotel is a safe haven for rebels who escaped the Matrix, and that the gold coins and markers are symbols of their freedom .
However, there are also many flaws and inconsistencies in this theory. For one thing, the John Wick films are set in the present day, while the Matrix trilogy was set in the 22nd century. How could Neo have been reincarnated in the past? Also, the John Wick films do not show any evidence of the Matrix, such as glitches, agents, or code. The world of John Wick seems to be a realistic and grounded one, unlike also lists some of the similarities and differences between the two films.
John Wick is a video game character
A more outlandish and meta theory about John Wick is that he is a video game character, and that the John Wick films are actually a simulation of a video game, where John Wick is the player character and the other characters are NPCs (non-player characters). This theory explains the unrealistic aspects of the films, such as the high body count, the lack of police intervention, and the stylized violence, as game mechanics and aesthetics. The theory also implies that the events of the films are not linear, but rather depend on the choices and actions of the player.
This theory is more of a joke than a serious one, as it does not have much evidence or logic to support it. It is based on the assumption that the John Wick films are not meant to be taken seriously, but rather as a fun and entertaining spectacle. However, this theory also ignores the fact that the John Wick films have a coherent and consistent story, character development, and world-building, that go beyond the superficial level of a video game. The John Wick films also have a lot of emotional and thematic depth, that explore the consequences and the costs of violence, revenge, and redemption. Therefore, this theory is more likely a parody than a possibility.
This theory has been mocked by various online sources, such as YouTube videos, Reddit posts, and articles. For example, [this video] by Cracked makes fun of the theory by showing how ridiculous it would be if John Wick was a video game, while [this post] by u/DrunkOnRedWine on r/FanTheories sarcastically suggests that John Wick is a GTA mod. [This article] by Screen Rant also jokes about the theory by comparing the John Wick films to different video game genres.
In conclusion, the John Wick film series is a fascinating and captivating franchise that has inspired many fans to come up with their own theories and interpretations of the story, characters, and themes. Some of these theories are wild and fantastic, while others are plausible and logical. However, regardless of whether these theories are true or false, they all show the creativity and the passion of the fans, and how they engage with the John Wick universe. As long as the John Wick films continue to deliver high-quality entertainment and intrigue, the fans will continue to speculate and imagine what lies behind and beyond the screen.
- What is the John Wick film series? The John Wick film series is a popular action thriller franchise that follows the exploits of John Wick, a retired hitman who is forced back into the underworld after his dog is killed and his car is stolen by a Russian gangster.
- How many John Wick movies are there? There are four John Wick movies so far: John Wick (2014), John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017), John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum (2019), and John Wick: Chapter 4 (2022). There is also a prequel series in development, called The Continental, that will focus on the hotel that serves as a neutral ground for assassins.
- What are some of the most wild and fantastic theories about John Wick? Some of the most wild and fantastic theories about John Wick are that he is actually Neo from The Matrix, that he is a descendant of John Preston from Equilibrium, and that he is a video game character.
- Are these theories true or false? These theories are not confirmed or denied by the official sources, so they are open to interpretation and debate. However, based on the evidence and the logic, these theories are more likely to be false than true, as they have many flaws and inconsistencies with the John Wick canon.
- Why do fans come up with these theories? Fans come up with these theories because they love the John Wick film series and want to explore the hidden meanings and connections behind the action-packed movies. These theories also show the creativity and the passion of the fans, and how they engage with the John Wick universe.